Which Gulf beach has the clearest water?
Destin has the clearest water due to its proximity to Choctawhatchee Bay.
- Saud Beach, Luzon, Philippines.
- Elafonissi Beach, Crete, Greece.
- Nungwi Beach, Tanzania.
- Hanalei Bay, Kauai, Hawaii.
- Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Cape Le Grand National Park, Western Australia.
- Clearwater Beach, Florida.
- Sotavento Beach, Fuerteventura, Canary Islands.
1. Fort Zachary Taylor Historic State Park, Key West. If you're searching for sunny days and temperate waters, it doesn't get much warmer than the beaches of Key West, the state's southernmost point.
Located on sunny Siesta Key in Sarasota County, Siesta Key Beach is widely regarded as one of the USA's best. This magnificent Gulf Coast beach features golden sand and some of the clearest water in the country. Siesta Key is a barrier island located southwest of Sarasota.
1: Manele Bay, Hawaii
For most of the year Hulopoe Bay is the best place for kayaking, swimming and snorkeling on the island. In fact, snorkeling and diving spots here are considered some of the finest in Hawaii, making a swim in the 70-degree water all the more tempting.
Clearwater Beach is a beautiful area and a renowned vacation destination. But let's get one thing straight: The water is not clear. More often blue, green or even tea-colored, the water in the Gulf of Mexico and Clearwater Harbor changes depending on the light and the algae in play.
Caladesi Island, off the northern end of Clearwater Beach (reached via ferry) deserves its own mention, as it's similar to the beaches you'd find in the Caribbean. It has turquoise waters fronting sugar-soft white sands, making it one of the prettiest strands in all of Florida.
Siesta Key boasts some of the softest, whitest sand on the planet.
1. The Maldives. The Maldives, located in the Indian Ocean, have around 1,190 islands and sandbanks. A lagoon with crystal clear water encircles all the islands, which are protected by a reef structure that is home to an array of underwater life.
- Maya Bay, Koh Phi Phi.
- Tulum, Riviera Maya, Mexico.
- Whitehaven Beach, Queensland, Australia.
- Camps Bay, Cape Town, South Africa.
- Baio Do Sancho, Fernando de Noronha, Brazil.
- Grace Bay, Turks & Caicos.
- Long Beach, Vancouver Island, Canada.
- Polihale Beach, Hawaii, USA.
What is the prettiest beach town in Florida?
- Sanibel Island. Why We Recommend It: seashells, boating, fishing. ...
- Naples. Why We Recommend It: quiet, family friendly, crystal-blue water. ...
- Captiva Island. ...
- Amelia Island. ...
- Sunny Isles. ...
- Key Largo. ...
- Bal Harbour. ...
- Canaveral National Seashore. ...
- Ormond Beach. ...
- Fort De Soto Park. ...
- Santa Rosa Beach. ...
- Sanibel Island.
Located in South Florida, Palm Beach is the most expensive place to live in the entire state. Palm Beach is known for its upscale estates and boutiques, as well as its world-famous beaches.
- The Florida Keys. The Florida Keys are the ultimate Florida boating destination for gin-clear water. ...
- Jupiter. Jupiter is another one of Florida's amazing boating destinations with gin-clear water. ...
- Destin. ...
- Panama City Beach. ...
- Freshwater Springs. ...
- Miami. ...
- Palm Beach. ...
- Dry Tortugas National Park.
- The Florida Panhandle.
- The Florida Keys.
- The Gulf Coast.
- Specific areas on Florida's east coast.
One of the top Florida beaches is literally at the top of the state, at the western-most point on the panhandle. This is truly one of the best things to do on the West Coast Of Florida!
Anyway, because the Destin area is larger than the Gulf Shores area, there's simply more options. There's also more bars closer together in Destin along the main strip than Gulf Shores. What is this? While you can definitely have a good time at both Destin and Gulf Shores at night, Destin wins this one!
1. Matira Beach, Bora Bora, French Polynesia. The French Polynesian isle of Bora Bora, floating in an archipelago in the South Pacific, is as close to tropical paradise perfection as you can get.
- 8 Destin Beach.
- 7 Siesta Key Beach.
- 6 Anna Maria Island.
- 5 Florida Keys.
- 4 Smathers Beach.
- 3 Jupiter.
- 2 Biscayne Beach.
- 1 Dry Tortugas.
- Pensacola. The most affordable beach town in Florida is Pensacola, although technically speaking, it's a city, not a town. ...
- Daytona Beach. Yep! ...
- Deerfield Beach. ...
- Fort Walton Beach. ...
- Vero Beach. ...
- Clearwater. ...
- Tarpon Springs. ...
What is the most Caribbean like beach in Florida?
Perhaps one of the most Caribbean-style beaches in the mainland United States, Bahia Honda State Park has it all: crystal-clear water, white sand beaches, and plenty of breezy palm trees. The island is located about three-fourths of the way down the Florida Keys at Mile Marker 37 on Big Pine Key.
The best times to visit Gulf Shores are March through May and September through November. Travelers can take advantage of these sweet spots outside the busy (and more expensive) summertime and enjoy swimming in the Gulf of Mexico, which still offers pleasant temperatures in the late spring and early fall.
Choctawhatchee Bay in Destin
Believe it or not, the presence of Choctawhatchee Bay plays a key role in preserving the clarity and color of the Emerald Coast water. Rivers that empty into the bay contain sediment and that murkier water we talked about above.